By Stanley E. Curtis (auth.), Gary P. Moberg (eds.)
Read or Download Animal Stress PDF
Best nonfiction_8 books
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the sixth Iberian convention on trend attractiveness and picture research, IbPRIA 2013, held in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, in June 2013. The a hundred and five papers (37 oral and sixty eight poster ones) awarded have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 181 submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on laptop imaginative and prescient, development reputation, snapshot and sign, purposes.
This quantity chronicles the complaints of the Symposium on debris on Surfaces: Detection, Adhesion and removing held less than the auspices of the fantastic Particle Society in San Francisco, July 28-August 2, 1986. The learn of debris on surfaces is intensely vital in lots of parts of human undertaking (ranging from microelectronics to optics to biomedical).
The "Handbook of Partial Least Squares (PLS) and advertising: thoughts, equipment and functions" is the second one quantity within the sequence of the Handbooks of Computational data. This instruction manual represents a accomplished evaluation of PLS equipment with particular connection with their use in advertising and with a dialogue of the instructions of present learn and views.
- Micelles, Membranes, Microemulsions, and Monolayers
- The Breadth and Depth of Continuum Mechanics: A Collection of Papers Dedicated to J.L. Ericksen on His Sixtieth Birthday
- Partial Differential Equations with Minimal Smoothness and Applications
- Interfaces in New Materials
- Topological Methods in Algebraic Transformation Groups: Proceedings of a Conference at Rutgers University
- Calcium and Cellular Secretion
Additional resources for Animal Stress
26. Hughes, B. , and I. J. H. Duncan. Do animals have behavioural needs (Abstract)? Appl. Anim. Ethol. 7: 381-382, 1981. 27. Hughes, C. W. Early experience in domestication. J. Comp. Physiol. PsychoJ. 88: 407417, 1975. 28. Keiper, R. R. Environmental and physiological determinants of stereotyped b€lhaviour in birds. In: Proc. World Congr. Ethol. Appl. , 1st, Madrid, 1978, p. 495-497. 29. King, H. , and H. H. Donaldson. Life processes and size of the body and organs of the gray Norway rat during ten generations in captivity.
And B. G. Calef, Jr. The role of the physical rearing environment in the domestication of the Mongolian gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus). Anim. Behav. 25: 298-316, 1977. 7. Clark, M. , and B. G. Calef, Jr. Effects of rearing environment on adrenal weights, sexual development and behavior in gerbils: an examination of Richter's domestication hypothesis. J. Camp. Physiol. PsychoJ. 94: 857-863, 1980. 8. Clark, M. , and B. G. Gale£, Jr. Environmental influence on development, behavior and endocrine morphology of gerbils.
New York: Arco, 1977. 43. Zeuner, F. E. A History of Domesticated Animals. New York: Harper & Row, 1963. THREE Biological Response to Stress: Key to Assessment of Animal Well-Being? Gary P. Moberg Department of Animal Science and California Primate Research Center, University of California, Davis, California Biological Response to Stress • Search for Unifying Concept of Stress • Multiple Modes of Stress Response • Model of Stress in Animals: Central nervous system, Biological response, Change in biological function, Prepathological state and pathology • Stress Response as Index of Well-Being Society is currently involved in a serious debate about the use of animals in scientific research, teaching, product-safety testing, recreation, and as a source of food.
Animal Stress by Stanley E. Curtis (auth.), Gary P. Moberg (eds.)