By Nasir Khusraw (auth.); Ormsby, Eric (trans.)
Read Online or Download Between Reason and Revelation: Twin Wisdoms Reconciled. An annotated English translation of Nāṣir-i Khusraw’s Kitāb-i Jāmiʿ al-ḥikmatayn PDF
Best religion books
In the summertime of 2012, Sister Simone Campbell and a bunch of fellow Roman Catholic nuns toured elements of the rustic to rally help opposed to Congressman Paul Ryan's funds, a plan that minimize very important social courses for the hurting bad and the suffering heart classification. Prayer teams become rallies, and small city conferences grew to become nationwide media occasions.
This e-book includes pioneering examine on points of society, tradition and geography of rabbinic Torah facilities in Palestine 70-400 CE. It surveys the heritage of the facilities of their geographic and social context in chronological order.
In He has Opened Nisaba’s apartment of studying twenty-six students honor Åke Sjöberg, professor emeritus of Assyriology on the college of Pennsylvania and previous editor of the Pennsylvania Sumerian Dictionary. The twenty-one reports incorporated specialise in Mesopotamian knowledge literature, non secular texts, cultural ideas, the historical past of writing, fabric tradition, society, and legislation from the discovery of writing to the Hellenistic interval.
- When God Talks Back: Understanding the American Evangelical Relationship with God
- The Life of the Mind, Volumes 1-2
- The Age of Doubt: Tracing the Roots of Our Religious Uncertainty
- Encyclopédie des époux et des parents chrétiens. Le livre de la famille
- God of Tarot (Tarot, Book 1)
Additional resources for Between Reason and Revelation: Twin Wisdoms Reconciled. An annotated English translation of Nāṣir-i Khusraw’s Kitāb-i Jāmiʿ al-ḥikmatayn
5, note to line 11). 40. An allusion to Q33:46. 41. Emending the text here to read pur (instead of bar), as suggested by F. M. Hunzai. 42. Q83:6. 43. Q48:29. 22 Between Reason and Revelation of equal standing with the Prophet’s daughter Fāṭima the Pure; master of the illustrious sword Dhū‘l-fiqār; cousin and son-in-law of the Prophet and his designated heir. [And let us praise] the angels of the heaven of religion, guides of the worlds to the Last Day, the Imams of truth, the guides of humankind, from the offspring of the Prophet and his designated successor – [upon them] prayers and offerings, blessings, and salutations, everlasting and ever-increasing, ever bearing anew, for as long as the sphere revolves and the star shines.
If it may be in our power to give some portion of what we possess of this to the needy, that is an act of beneficence. And if it is God’s command that we give something out of what we own to those who are our kinsmen – and our kinsmen are other humans among all the animals – then, to give them a share of knowledge, which is the very essence of humanity, is obedience to God. ’47 This is a trait of the Prophet as well. ’ The sages have affirmed that for every new thing these five causes must be present; whenever one of the five is removed, the event does not occur.
28) It is not because of its nature (ṭabʿ). What is its property? asks one; What, asks the astute observer, is this property’s ‘root’ (aṣl-i khāṣṣīyat)? 85 (32) Of the nature (ḥāl) of form (hay’at) and of the proprium (khāṣṣah), Of description and definition, what do you know or have heard? Speak and instruct! (33) Everyone joins the self to ‘I’ but to what does this I refer? Speak, do not just scratch your beard! (34) Is it the body? Or the soul (jān)? The intellect? Or the spirit (ravān)? 86 (35) Whoever holds this view is mistaken: there are Many knights who do not know how to fasten their trousers!
Between Reason and Revelation: Twin Wisdoms Reconciled. An annotated English translation of Nāṣir-i Khusraw’s Kitāb-i Jāmiʿ al-ḥikmatayn by Nasir Khusraw (auth.); Ormsby, Eric (trans.)