By Mark Twain
* ALL 12 novels, annotated with concise introductions and that includes person contents tables
* boasts many pictures in terms of Twain's lifestyles and works
* illustrated with photos of the way the books first seemed, giving your Kindle a flavor of the unique texts
* comprises Twain’s infrequent unfinished novel “The Mysterious Stranger”, frequently neglected out of collections
* the entire brief tales, with caliber formatting
* the fast tales have their very own chronological and alphabetical contents tables – locate that distinctive tale easily!
* Twain's 20 brief tale contributions to "The Library of Humor", with their very own contents table
* even contains Twain’s whole letters, essays and satires – with their very own distinct contents tables
* the entire go back and forth writing, with contents tables
* comprises Twain's "Chapters from My Autobiography"
* detailed BONUS texts, together with 3 modern Twain biographies - discover the nice man's outstanding lifestyles in Paine's and Howells' well-known biographies!
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* up to date with a unique literary feedback part, with numerous works exploring Twain's contribution to literature
* up-to-date with Archibald Henderson's severe research MARK TWAIN
* up to date with the total speeches
This is the entire WORKS of America’s favorite storyteller Mark Twain. The e-book includes each novel, brief tale - even the very infrequent ones – essay, go back and forth ebook, non-fiction textual content, letter and masses, even more! (Current model: 2)
The booklet additionally contains a entrance no-nonsense desk of contents to permit effortless navigation round Twain’s monstrous oeuvre. Welcome to hours upon hours upon hours of studying one in every of literature’s most famed storytellers!
Please word: we goal to supply the main complete writer collections to be had to Kindle readers. unfortunately, it’s now not consistently attainable to assure a fully ‘complete’ works, because of copyright regulations or the shortage of stripling works. even though, we do determine our clients that each attainable significant textual content and a wealth of different fabric are incorporated. we're devoted to constructing and embellishing our eBooks, that are to be had as unfastened updates for patrons who've already bought them.
Read Online or Download Complete Works (9th Edition) PDF
Best literary classics books
The satan involves Moscow donning a posh go well with. along with his disorderly band of accomplices - together with a demonic, gun-toting tomcat - he instantly starts to create havoc. Disappearances, destruction and dying unfold throughout the urban like wildfire and Margarita discovers that her lover has vanished within the chaos.
A colourful translation of Tolstoy’s most vital brief fiction via the award-winning translators of battle and Peace.
Here are 11 masterful tales from the mature writer, a few autobiographical, others ethical parables, and all informed with the evocative strength that used to be Tolstoy’s by myself. They contain “The Prisoner of the Caucasus,” encouraged by way of Tolstoy's personal stories as a soldier within the Chechen conflict, “Hadji Murat,” the novella Harold Bloom known as “the top tale within the world,” “The Devil,” a desirable story of sexual obsession, and the distinguished “The loss of life of Ivan Ilyich,” an severe and relocating exam of loss of life and the chances of redemption.
Pevear and Volokhonsky’s translation captures the richness, immediacy, and multiplicity of Tolstoy’s language, and divulges the writer as a passionate ethical consultant, an unflinching seeker of fact, and finally, a writer of tolerating and common paintings.
Purity is worthy . ..
Count Dracula's citadel is a hellish global the place evening is day, excitement is ache and the blood of the blameless prized in particular. younger Jonathan Harker techniques the gloomy gates without notion what he's approximately to stand . ..
And again in England eerie incidents are unfolding as unusual puncture marks seem on a tender woman's neck . .. yet can Harker's fiancée be kept? And the place is the evil Dracula?
Anger be now your track, immortal one,
Akhilleus' anger, doomed and ruinous,
that prompted the Akhaians loss on sour loss
and crowded courageous souls into the undergloom,
leaving such a lot of lifeless men-carrion
for canines and birds; and the desire of Zeus used to be done.
Since it used to be first released greater than twenty-five years in the past, Robert Fitzgerald's prizewinning translation of Homer's conflict epic has develop into a vintage in its personal correct: a typical opposed to which all different models of The Iliad are in comparison. Fitzgerald's paintings is on the market, ironic, trustworthy, written in a rapid vernacular clean verse that "makes Homer stay as by no means before" (Library Journal).
This variation incorporates a new foreword by means of Andrew Ford.
- Cumbres borrascosas (Penguin Clásicos)
- The Haunting of Hill House (Penguin Horror)
- The Satires of Horace and Persius
- The Plum in the Golden Vase or, Chin P'ing Mei, Volume 5: The Dissolution
Additional resources for Complete Works (9th Edition)
Since listening to stories in Arab society was regarded as less sinful after the day’s work was done, stories were known as asmar, ‘things of the evening’ or ‘tales related in the night for amusement’. Stories told at night often feature adventures that take place at night: the caliph Harun al-Rashid disguises himself and wanders the streets of Baghdad at night; the singing girls entertain the caliph’s courtiers at night; lovers’ assignations happen at night; so does housebreaking, and the thief was known as the Sahib al-Layl, or ‘Master of the Night’.
One of its parallel sources, which drew on the same ancient Indian materials, is a Sanskrit text known as the Kathasaritsagara, or ‘The Ocean of the Streams of Story’, compiled by the eleventh-century author Somadeva. The Arabian Nights is, like the Kathasaritsagara, a vast storytelling ocean in which the readers can lose themselves. One story, like a wave, is absorbed into the one that follows. The drift of the narrative tides carries us, like Sindbad, to strange places, and the further from home, the stranger those places are.
In this new edition, in addition to Malcolm Lyons’s translation of all the stories found in the Arabic text of Calcutta II, Ursula Lyons has translated the tales of Aladdin and Ali Baba, as well as an alternative ending to ‘The seventh journey of Sindbad’, from Antoine Galland’s eighteenth-century French. ) The text appears in three volumes, each with an introduction, which, in Volume 1, discusses the strange nature of the Nights; in Volume 2, their history and provenance; and, in Volume 3, the influence the tales have exerted on writers through the centuries.
Complete Works (9th Edition) by Mark Twain