By Ali Ghavami, Erik Van der Giessen, Patrick R. Onck (auth.), Gerhard A. Holzapfel, Ellen Kuhl (eds.)
This e-book incorporates a choice of papers that have been awarded on the IUTAM Symposium
on “Computer versions in Biomechanics: From Nano to Macro” held at Stanford collage, California, united states, from August 29 to September 2, 2011.
It comprises cutting-edge papers on:
- Protein and mobile Mechanics: coarse-grained version for spread out proteins, collagen-proteoglycan structural interactions within the cornea, simulations of mobile habit on substrates
- Muscle Mechanics: modeling methods for Ca2+–regulated delicate muscle contraction, tender muscle modeling utilizing continuum thermodynamical frameworks, cross-bridge version describing the mechanoenergetics of actomyosin interplay, multiscale skeletal muscle modeling
- Cardiovascular Mechanics: multiscale modeling of arterial diversifications by way of incorporating molecular mechanisms, cardiovascular tissue harm, dissection houses of aortic aneurysms, intracranial aneurysms, electromechanics of the center, hemodynamic changes linked to arterial home improvement following aortic coarctation, patient-specific surgical procedure making plans for the Fontan procedure
- Multiphasic Models: solutes in hydrated organic tissues, reformulation of blend theory-based poroelasticity for interstitial tissue development, tumor remedies of mind tissue, home improvement of microcirculation in liver lobes, reactions, mass delivery and mechanics of tumor development, water delivery modeling within the mind, crack modeling of swelling porous media
- Morphogenesis, organic Tissues and Organs: mechanisms of mind morphogenesis, micromechanical modeling of anterior cruciate ligaments, mechanical characterization of the human liver, in vivo validation of predictive types for bone home improvement and mechanobiology, bridging scales in respiration mechanics
Read or Download Computer Models in Biomechanics: From Nano to Macro PDF
Best nonfiction_8 books
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the sixth Iberian convention on trend attractiveness and photograph research, IbPRIA 2013, held in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, in June 2013. The one hundred and five papers (37 oral and sixty eight poster ones) provided have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 181 submissions. The papers are geared up in topical sections on laptop imaginative and prescient, trend reputation, picture and sign, functions.
This quantity chronicles the lawsuits of the Symposium on debris on Surfaces: Detection, Adhesion and elimination held lower than the auspices of the high-quality Particle Society in San Francisco, July 28-August 2, 1986. The examine of debris on surfaces is very very important in lots of components of human pastime (ranging from microelectronics to optics to biomedical).
The "Handbook of Partial Least Squares (PLS) and advertising: strategies, tools and functions" is the second one quantity within the sequence of the Handbooks of Computational facts. This instruction manual represents a finished evaluate of PLS equipment with particular connection with their use in advertising and marketing and with a dialogue of the instructions of present examine and views.
- Quantifiers: Logics, Models and Computation: Volume Two: Contributions
- Tsunami: Progress in Prediction, Disaster Prevention and Warning
- Representations of Discrete Functions
- Ultrafine-Grain Ceramics
- Insulation Measurement and Supervision in Live AC and DC Unearthed Systems
Extra info for Computer Models in Biomechanics: From Nano to Macro
This model was based on a uniform fixed charge density that has been reported from independent experimental measurement. The model equates the Donnan osmotic pressure difference between the polyelectrolyte phase and bath with the swelling pressure. The prediction for equilibrium swelling pressure at physiological hydration is reasonable but the approach severely underestimates swelling pressure at lower hydration levels. The second model is also a continuum model. It is a unit cell approach and based on a thermodynamic derivation for the swelling pressure in which the swelling pressure emerges as the derivative of the electrostatic free energy with respect to the swelling volume.
2008, for the generalization to a deformable substrate as used here). Those integrins not in contact with the ligand patch are assumed to be isolated. Namely, they are unable to interact with any ligand molecules. Accordingly, we assume that these integrins are unbounded with Δi → ∞ such that the interaction force Fi = 0 and energy Φ = γ . Their concentrations are then given by Eqs. 13) with such values inserted. 3 Finite Element Framework The contractility model for the cell behavior is implemented in the ABAQUS finite element model using a user UMAT subroutine that calculates the material response of the cell in terms of actin polymerization and force generation.
Computer Models in Biomechanics: From Nano to Macro by Ali Ghavami, Erik Van der Giessen, Patrick R. Onck (auth.), Gerhard A. Holzapfel, Ellen Kuhl (eds.)